Have you been putting off shopping for a new mattress? We know it can feel overwhelming to find just the right one, but as shoemaker John Wildsmith said, "You are either in your bed or in your shoes, so it pays to invest in both." We're here to help with the mattress part! Here are a few of the most commonly asked questions from mattress shoppers.
1. Is a new mattress really worth the money?
Yes! Don’t underrate the power of a good mattress. According to WebMD:
- Your mattress is very important to quality sleep
- Quality sleep is crucial to our health and immune system, learning and memory, accident prevention, and safety
- You should not keep a mattress longer than its lifespan
Keeping an old mattress for too long can actually lead to health issues like allergies. (You might not be the only living thing in your bed at night!) If you find yourself tossing and turning at night or if you can’t remember when you bought this mattress, it’s time to go shopping.
2. How can I find a good mattress for a good value?
We’ll let you in on a little secret: We don’t sell name-brand mattresses. Why? Because our mission is to save our customers money!
At many mattress retailers, the price of a mattress is determined not only by the cost of materials and labor, but also by advertising expenses. In addition, many brands have minimum pricing restrictions so retailers can’t sell them for prices lower than a minimum price set by the manufacturer. Retailers might offer other forms of compensation to offset the cost, but they won’t be able to beat their competitors on the actual price of the mattress. That can add a lot to the cost of a high-end, name-brand mattress!
When well-known mattress manufacturers started giving us minimum pricing restrictions, we went a different route to keep saving you money. Weekends Only now works directly with manufacturers like Sherwood and Restonic to match (or exceed) the quality of brand names without getting stuck with their prices. With us, you get the best sleep at the best price!
3. Can I really test out and lie down on the mattresses in the store?
Of course! And we have mattress specialists standing by to answer any questions you may have. Here are a few tips to make your experience even better:
- We offer test pillows (with sanitary covers) so you can recreate how you sleep. Go ahead and grab as many pillows as you typically sleep with
- Take your time. WebMD suggests resting on the mattress for as much as 20 minutes to test it out. You need to know what it would be like if the mattress were in your home, so please, make yourself at home!
- Use the color code. When shopping at Weekends Only, you can find your mattress preferences by using our color code: Blue = Firm; Orange = Plush; Green = Ultra Plush
- Try an adjustable base. Adjustable bases have additional benefits like helping alleviate snoring, sleep apnea, indigestion, and back pain
- Relax and enjoy!
The recipe for a good night’s sleep? A comfortable mattress at a price that won’t keep you up at night. You’ll find it at Weekends Only! Here are few mattresses to get your search started:
The iR-13GL™ Plush Gel Memory Foam Mattress is made of gel memory foam and latex foam and compares to the Tempur-pedic Tempur-Cloud Elite mattress.
The Broadway™ Ultra Plush Mattress is made of foam, latex, and pocketed coils and compares to the Sealy Posturepedic Cooper Mountain II mattress.
The Melrose™ Firm Mattress is made of natural, soy-based foam and compares to the Hampton & Rhodes HR400 mattress.
The Agility Plus™ Adjustable Base lets you adjust the angles of your head and feet while you lie in bed and compares to the Simmons Beautyrest Renew Adjustable Base.
What other questions do you have about finding a new mattress?
If you share in the comments below, we could address it in a future blog post! To read more on the topics we addressed here, here are the handy articles we referenced: